1 May 2019 - Board of Directors Meeting Notes
Present: Rachel Cerfontyne (RC), Anna O’Rourke (AO’R), Guido Liguori (LG), Bharan Kumar (BK), Mark Izatt (MI), Paul Atkin (PA), John Davies (JD), Kris Beuret (KB)
1 - Apologies
· No apologies were received.
2 - Minutes from the previous meeting
· The minutes of the 6 March Board meeting were AGREED.
· The minutes of the special Board meeting of 3 April were AGREED.
· The Board noted out of board AGREEMENT on the accommodation paper.
3 - Declarations of interest
· Executive Directors declared an interest in the tax paper (under item 7)
4 – Chair’s update
· The Chair gave a verbal update on the work of the HCEB including:
o HCEB Surgeries, New Aviation Minister, Sustainable Communities Project, Engagement Tool, 3 April SAGs Meeting, 2nd July event with John Holland-Kaye, ongoing work with STACK, Arora Group’s Consultation, Heathrow’s upcoming consultations, the JR judgment.
· A discussion took place on engagement with the London Borough of Hillingdon. It was AGREED that RC would draft a letter to the leader of the London Borough of Hillingdon. It was AGREED that a separate letter would be written with a view to having it published in the Uxbridge Gazette.
· It was AGREED hat an away day with the board would be organised in Q2 or Q3 2019 and would a reviw of the year as well as a discussion on the HCEB’s structures.
· It was AGREED that Rachel would raise the issue that the Board don’t fully understand Heathrow’s internal structures at her next meeting with Emma Gilthorpe.
· Kris Beuret and Mark Izatt provided verbal updates on the Transport and Environment Advisory Group (TENAG) and the Passenger Services Group (PSG) and how they will work together.
5 – HCEB Risk Register
· The paper was circulated before the meeting. It was introduced by Anna O’Rourke. Following a review of the register and discussion, it was AGREED that a number of risk scores would be reduced. The paper was NOTED by the board.
· It was AGREED that Paul Atkin and Guido Liguori would work together on a Health and Safety policy.
6 – Data Protection (GDPR) Policies
· The paper was circulated before the meeting. It was introduced by Guido Liguori. Following a discussion, the policies were AGREED by the board.
7 – HCEB Internal Policies (Expenses, Procurement and Tax)
· The Expenses and Procurement papers were circulated before the meeting. They were introduced by Guido Liguori. Following a discussion, the papers were AGREED by the board.
· A verbal update was given by Guido Liguori on the HCEB’s 2018 annual accounts and ongoing management accounts. It was AGREED that both items would be brought to a future meeting of the board.
· The Tax paper was circulated before the meeting. It was introduced by Guido Liguori. Following a discussion, the paper was was AGREED, subject to discussed changes noted by Guido Liguori and a final version will be circulated to the Board.