7 November 2018 - Board of Directors Meeting Notes
Present: Rachel Cerfontyne, Anna O’Rourke, Guido Liguori, Kris Beuret, Bharan Kumar, Mark Izatt, Sam Matthews (Secretary).
Apologies: John Davies
2 - Minutes from the previous meeting
· The minutes from the previous meeting were agreed.
3 - Verbal Update from the chair
· A verbal update was given by the chair. The update included:
o John Davies, long term resident of West Drayton, accepted the position of non-executive director.
o Meetings that the HCEB had held over the last month
o Meetings that Rachel had attended over the last month
o The proposed question time event planned for 23 January.
o The work which has taken place between the HCEB and STACK. It was agreed that a briefing from STACK would be arranged for an appropriate point in the future.
· It was agreed that 18 December Formal Board Meeting would be cancelled in favour of a half an hour urgent business session before or after the Director's Training day. A venue would be confirmed in due course.
· Following a discussion, it was agreed that Paul Atkin would be offered the position of non-executive director.
· Following a discussion on the meeting with BA on respite, it was agreed that a toolkit on 'how to engage' would be produced.
· Guido Liguori presented the options for the provision of the HCEB Ltd’s accountancy services. A discussion followed.
Details of the discussion are commercially sensitive and have been redacted from the public minutes.
4 - HCEB Mailing (Q4 2018)
· A paper was tabled and it was agreed that the HCEB would send a mailing, including a letter from Rachel and a survey, to the quarter of a million households closest to the airport and that this would be combined with a social media advertising campaign.
5 - Work Plan
· Following a discussion, the paper was noted. It was agreed that the work plan would be developed further to include the HCEB’s three key priorities: (Engage, Challenge, Advise)
6 - HCEB 2019 Budget Bid
· Following a discussion, the paper was agreed and It was agreed that the budget would be submitted to Heathrow Airport Ltd.
7 - Risk Register
· Following a discussion, the paper was noted.
8 - Update on the Transport and Environment Group
· Kris Beuret presented a paper on her initially thoughts and proposals for developing a Transport and Environment Working Group. Following a discussion, the paper was noted. It was agreed that further updates would be brought to a future meeting.
9 - Update on training for directors
· A verbal update was noted by the board. Directors training and GDPR training would be scheduled for the near future.